Here are a few tips to know before getting eyelash extensions.
- Generally a full set of eyelash extensions takes about 90-120 minutes. During this time you can not open your eyes. Laying still is very important during the lash session. Eyelashes are very short hair and when we wiggle around it is hard to keep eyelashes isolated from other lashes.
- Talking is great during eyelash extension appointments. Do be aware though at how much you move your eyes while you talk. When we talk we tend to move our eyebrows, move our heads, and thus move our lashes. Enjoy your lash nap ( the new kind of beauty sleep!)
- Come to your appointment with clean lashes.
- You can not get your lashes wet for the first 24-48 hours after they are applied so try to shower before to avoid this.
- Do not wear contacts during your eyelash extension appointment. The glue is fumey and if fumes get trapped under your contacts it can cause a bit of discomfort during your appointment.
- Try sleeping on your back after getting your eyelash extensions. The cotton from your pillow case can pull on your lashes. You can also try using a silk pillowcase if you intend to wear lashes for an extended amount of time.
- You’ll need to avoid oils around your lashes. Make sure you have an oil-free makeup remover to keep your lashes clean. At Lethal Lash Beauty we prefer the JB iLashCare Oil-Free Liquid Protein Remover and Primer to keep your eyelashes clean and free of bacteria. You can purchase this product at the end of your appointment.
- If you want thick full lashes and you have naturally really thin and weak lashes. We recommend trying an eyelash serum. Some lash serums that we prefer are Babe Lash Serum and Grande Lash Serum. Ask your lash technician where you can purchase these products.
- Eyelash Extension fills are recommended every 2-3 weeks to keep your lashes looking full!